Articles, Blog

Car Accident

Car Accident

Do you want to get some lunch before or after
we shop? I’m a bit hungry, let’s get a … sound
of brakes then…SMASH Oh my goodness! I hit that car! Let’s get
out of here… the guy’s not hurt! Maryam! What are you doing? You have to stop
when you have an accident! You idiot! Look at my car! You’ll have to
pay! I hope you have insurance. It’s OK. No-one’s hurt. Here are my friend’s
details. Can you give us your name and address as well? Do I have to tell the police? Hmmm….I’m not sure. Let’s phone the
police and ask them. Phew, lucky I got my car registered. The insurance
will pay to fix the car. No! The insurance you get with your registration
is called compulsory third party insurance. It pays for people who get hurt. You need
to have separate insurance for car repairs. Oh no! A few weeks later Sanda? Hi, this is Maryam. Hey, remember that
car accident? I just got a letter from that guy’s insurance company. What does it say? I have to pay $2,000 in 14 days! I can’t
pay that! What can I do? You need to see a lawyer Maryam. Can you help me with this? Well, I’ll write to the insurance company
– we’ll find out if you should pay and if you should, how much. Oh thank you.
And… you really should get car insurance. But it’s so expensive! Well, you can get third party property insurance
which pays for damage to the other car. That is quite cheap. But if you can pay a bit more,
and you’ve got a good car, get comprehensive insurance. What’s that? That means the insurance pays for damage to
the other car and to your car. But…make sure you look around to get a good price. OK, thanks so much for your help. I’ll be in touch when I hear from the insurance

Tagged , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *